Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA)
The Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) is a challenging one week program which provides an unique opportunity for leadership skills and personal development.
Why should you attend?
The RYLA program provides a broad range of experiences to rapidly assist your personal growth. It is a chance to focus on your leadership skills and on the direction of your life.
As a RYLA participant you will have the opportunity to meet and interact with people of your age, from a wide range of backgrounds, who are enthusiastic about their self-development.
What will you be doing at RYLA?
You will be working closely with speakers who are leaders in their respective fields. You will attend workshops and lectures on a broad range of subjects crucial to your personal success, including:
- Public Speaking
- Self Motivation
- Goal setting
- Conflict Resolution
- Stress Management
- Team Work
- Negotiation Skills
- Group Dynamics
- Personal Relationships
- Communicating with the Media
- Understanding Ourselves and Others
- Health and Social Issues
- International Understanding
- Opportunities for you to meet new people and participate in a variety of sports, go walking and just have some fun.
RYLA Enables You to:
- Exchange ideas, opinions and plans with talented, energetic people like yourself, in an atmosphere free from pressure and distraction.
- Develop the ability to work co-operatively as an individual, a team member and a leader.
- Acquaint yourself with a premier service organisation and with successful people in your community.
- Discuss ways to become a role model for friends facing decisions on important social issues such as drugs and drinking. Discuss approaches for resolving family, social and professional conflicts.
- Practise new skills related to listening, questioning, reasoning and feedback.
- Experience, practise and analyse group behaviour.
- Develop a special rapport with your local Rotary Club.
The Rotary Youth Leadership Awards residential seminar are held for one week duration at the Blue Gum Lodge, located at Springwood in the Lower Blue Mountains usually in January.
What is Rotary?
ROTARY is a worldwide organisation of more than 1.2 million business and professional men and women who are acknowledged leaders in their communities and who put the ideal of service into action. Rotarians are pledged to maintain high ethical standards in their vocations and to serve their own communities as they advance international understanding and peace.
Rotary Club of Liverpool West
PO Box 251, Liverpool BC, NSW, Australia 1871
John Pillay 0428-443-580
Alvan Freeman 0401-717-104